To promote and protect the health of populations in the United States and globally through innovative public health practice, teaching, service and scholarship.
To prepare graduates for entry-level careers in public health and related fields or to pursue graduate study in these areas.
- Identify and articulate the core functions of public health.
- Identify and evaluate the impact of public health policies and resource distribution on the health of populations.
- Communicate using effective oral and written skills.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to promote health and prevent disease and injury in designated populations.
- Advance community engagement, practice and service in public health.