Skip to main content
Belmont University Undergraduate Catalog 2016-17

University College

Mimi Barnard, Associate Provost of Interdisciplinary Studies & Global Education
Valerie Nichols, Program Manager


Through the University College, Belmont University addresses the learning needs of adult, non-traditional students. Because traditional four-year degree programs cannot accommodate the educational needs of many adults, the University College provides opportunities to pursue education based on individualized goals and flexible time schedules through degree-granting programs and continuing education experiences.

Office of Adult Degree Programs

The Office of Adult Degree Programs provides interdisciplinary, university-wide support that enables adult students to complete their degrees through programs which feature flexible time schedules and innovative course offerings. This office currently makes available six degree programs: the Professional Bachelor of Business Administration, the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies, the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Ministry, the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations Management, the RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and the Bachelor of Social Work


Degree Seeking Students – Students who wish to pursue one of the degree programs offered through the Adult Degree Programs must follow the admissions process found in this bulletin. Applications are available from the Office of Adult Degree Programs.

Non-Degree Seeking Students – Persons who wish to take courses through the University College, but are not pursuing a degree, may apply as a “Non-Degree Seeking Student.”

Life Experience Requirement:

Applicants should be 24 years or older, however, those under the age of 24, are required to demonstrate, through the application process, that they have achieved appropriate levels of maturity, including significant ability to recognize their own strengths and weaknesses and develop appropriate action plans to challenge themselves in these areas.  This demonstration might include evidence of showing at least two years of full-time professional employment, living independently for at least two years (i.e. not -living with your parents or in a residence hall), two years or more of military service or having a family of your own.