Skip to main content
Belmont University Undergraduate Catalog 2016-17

Student Services

Belmont University Bookstore

The university bookstore is located in the lower level of the Gabhart Student Center. Available for purchase are required textbooks (new and used), school supplies, Belmont logo clothing and gift items, greeting cards, and other related campus items. Belmont students may charge their textbooks, school supplies and other required items on their student account (with a Belmont ID), and be billed through their university account. Purchases may also be made by personal check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Anerican Express, or cash. Checks may be cashed for up to $20.00 with a Belmont ID.

Visit the bookstore’s web page to check for special store hours, store policies, announcements, Belmont logo merchandise, and the list of textbooks required for Belmont classes. Also available is an opportunity to purchase textbooks on-line, prepaying with a credit card or charging on the student's Belmont account. Find us at Belmont University's official web address:

Career Development

Belmont University Career Development provides a wide range of services and resources to assist students and graduates with every stage of the career planning process. Our experienced career professionals seek to empower students and graduates to identify and pursue their passions and meet the needs of the world. Career Development provides resume and cover letter review, internship and job search strategy, interview training, and career development programs and events. For more information, visit Career Development at , call 615.460.6490, or email Anyone who has completed or is completing a degree at Belmont University is eligible to use the Office of Career & Professional Development.

Counseling Services

Personal counseling services are available through the Office of the Dean of Students and may help with such issues as academics, interpersonal relationships, religious questions, sexuality, stress, time management, eating disorders, addictions, anxiety, and depression. Students are entitled to a limited number of counseling sessions with a licensed counselor at no cost.

For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 460-6407. A code of privacy is maintained in all counseling.

Health Insurance

All students are encouraged to carry health insurance in the event of accident or illness. All residence hall students and international students are required to show evidence of adequate health insurance.

As a service to students, information concerning health insurance is available in the Office of Student Affairs and in University Health Services; however, the university does not endorse any policy, nor does the university recommend an insurance policy in which a student should enroll. Neither does the university act as an agent for any insurance company.

Belmont University assumes no responsibility for the payment of health care expenses incurred by a student beyond the established services offered through the University Health Services. Belmont University assumes no responsibility in the resolution of claims submitted by the student to the insurance company.

Health Records

All students are required to submit fully completed health records. A completed health record on file is a prerequisite for seeking health care through University Health Services. The Health Record form will be mailed to students with receipt of acceptance to the university. Current students may obtain the Health Record Form in the University Health Services Center.

Health Services

Basic Health Services are available to students through the University Health Services Center. Students using Health Services should be prepared to provide health insurance information. Inquire at Health Services regarding fees (if any) which may be incurred. As a prerequisite for seeking health care from this center, a student must have on file a completed health record.

The University Health Service also maintains an active referral list for those students desiring health care off campus. All medical expenses incurred off campus are the responsibility of students.

Office of Communications

Belmont's Office of Communications exists to provide marketing as well as creative and production guidance and support to Belmont University Faculty & Staff in the following areas:

Public Relations
Campus and Community Communications
Copy Writing
Graphic Design
Copy Services

The Communication office is located in the Massey Business Center. The office entrance is located directly under the Gordon E. Inman Center walkover bridge.

Office of University Marketing and Special Initiatives

The office works on special projects and marketing for the university. The office is located in Freeman Hall.

University Copy Center

Belmont's Copy Center is available for all quick service copy needs. The facility, located on the northeast corner of the Massey Business Center, can assist you with your copying and printing needs. Hours of operation are 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM Monday thru Friday.

The Copy Center at Belmont provides:

  • Digital Copies (Color and Black/White)
  • Spiral, Heat, and Saddle-stitch Binding
  • Variety of paper colors and styles
  • Personal jobs are also accepted

Copies from electronic files submitted via e-mail at:

Cash or a personal check made payable to Belmont University is accepted for all non-Belmont work. Should you have questions or wish to discuss your print project please call 460-6630.


The Office Communications provides typesetting and design for campus publications. Issued regularly by the university are:

Circle, the news magazine for alumni, faculty, staff, trustees, and friends is published by the Office of Communications.

The Belmont Literary Journal is an annual journal of creative writing, art, and photography, published each year in April.

The Belmont University Graduate Catalog, edited by the University Registrar and Provost with the assistance of the graduate curriculum and catalog committee, is issued annually. It contains information about Belmont entrance requirements, course descriptions, and the university in general.

The Belmont University Undergraduate Catalog, edited by the University Registrar and Provost with the assistance of the curriculum and catalog committee, is issued annually. It contains information about Belmont entrance requirements, course descriptions, and university life in general.

The Belmont Vision, official student newspaper, is issued every month and frequently updated online during the academic year by a staff drawn from all areas of student life and interest. A journalism faculty member supervises the production.

The Bruin Guide, the official handbook of policies, regulations, services and activities pertaining to students, is issued at the beginning of each academic year, and is published by the Division of Student Affairs.

Residence Life

Any full-time student under the age of 21, not living with relatives over age 25 or with fewer than 60 credit hours, is required to live in a university residence. Studies have shown that students who live on campus are less likely to withdraw, more likely to be satisfied with college experiences than commuters, and tend to have higher G.P.A.s.

In addition, the Residence Life Team is committed to the development of students by providing a positive living/learning environment, quality customer service, and support for diverse cultural and personal perspectives.

Information regarding campus housing fees and deposits is found on the Student Financial Service home page off Belmont's main web page.

Once a student has contracted to live in a residential facility, he/she must notify the Office of Residence Life in order to withdraw from on-campus housing. Refer to Refund Schedule for information about refunds and cancellation fees.

Further information about campus housing may be obtained from the Office of Residence Life.

Students with Disabilities

In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Belmont University will make reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. Students with needs for academic or other accommodations should contact the Office of the Dean of Students in the Beaman Student Life Center as soon as possible. For complete details, see the brochure, "Meeting the Needs of the Students with Disabilities," available in the Office of the Dean of Students.

Writing Center

The Department of English offers a writing center, which provides students with tutorial aid in writing essays, reports, and research papers. Students seeking help should call 460-6241 or visit WHB 209 to make an appointment for a tutoring session.